Moving interstate is one of the most stressful situations to go through for a family. When your journey includes moving a state boarder, the situation becomes even more stressful. However, on the positive side, moving interstate can also be the perfect opportunity for decluttering, as every square metre will add dollars to your moving costs. It is ideal to make a checklist to make sure you don’t miss out on anything important and your work goes on smoothly.
Here are a few things that you must add to your checklist to make sure you can move interstate with less hassle.
- Start organising your utilities. Alert your current utility providers that you will be disconnecting your services at your current address and that you plan to reconnect at a separate address.
- Settle all outstanding bills. It is better to deal with all the stressful situations at once rather than facing them once you’ve moved far away.
- Order and purchase packing supplies including boxes, packing tape and bubble wrap at least one month in advance.
- Ensure all important documents including passports, birth certificates, license and certificates are all together in one safe place. These are the things that should not be misplaced under any circumstances.
- Clean and defrost refrigerator at least two weeks before shifting. It will be really difficult to carry out some household work without the fridge for a few days, but keeping it ready for a shift two weeks in advance will be really helpful.
- Service your car before it gets transported.
- Look for a reliable removalist company in your area a month in advance.
- You will need to look for a reliable towing company to move your car. Tows 2 Go regularly travels between Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
Contact Tows 2 Go for all your interstate and other towing needs. We offer competitive interstate towing pricing.