Having your car break down in the middle of the road can turn all the plans and routines of your entire day upside down. On the Gold Coast, once you call Tows 2 Go, we try to arrive as soon as possible with our tow truck for assistance. While you wait for the tow truck to arrive, here are a few things to do to make your waiting time not go to waste:
- Make sure your car is parked at the side of the road. This will help keep you clear of oncoming traffic and make it easier for the tow truck driver to position his truck next to yours, so that your vehicle can be easily towed.
- Turn your hazard lights on. This will signal other drivers that your vehicle is facing problems. It will also make your car clearly visible at night or in bad weather (fog or storm).
- It is very wise to have reflective triangles in your car at all times. Place these reflective triangles behind your vehicle, one about 10 feet from the car and another about 30 feet. This will give drivers more time to make sure they steer clear of your vehicle.
- Get the name of the tow truck driver and details of the number plate of the tow truck that has been assigned to arrive. This will let you verify that the vehicle and driver who arrives to help is legitimate.
- Keep an offline playlist ready in your phone so that you can listen to music when you have nothing to do even if there is no internet connection available. Also, carry a car USB charger so that you can charge your phone.
- Keep your family informed about your whereabouts.
- Be on guard while you wait for your tow truck. Don’t let a stranger get inside your vehicle and don’t take a lift in a stranger’s car no matter how quickly you have to reach somewhere.