A road black spot is a term given to a section of road deemed to be accident prone due its higher than average concentration of road accidents.
- Weather conditions
- Traffic congestion (can make drivers impatient and make risky decisions)
- Distractions (mobile phone, children)
- Road debris (shredded tyres, loads)
Driving is something many of us don’t think too much about as it’s often such a major part of our daily lives. There are many things to watch out for when driving to avoid an unnecessary accident and an appointment with your local tow truck driver!
While roads are obviously built for driving on, constant wear and tear from cars and heavy vehicles eventually damage road surfaces causing dangerous potholes and surface cracks. Most councils will endeavour to get these fixed as soon as possible but in the interim they can cause drivers to swerve dangerously.
5 Gold Coast black spots due to be upgraded for better safety
- Coolangatta Road and Lord Street intersection, Coolangatta
- Robert Street and Muir Street intersection, Labrador
- Kitchener Street and Monash Street, Tugun
- Clagiraba Road from Nerang-Murwillumbah Road to Beaudesert-Nerang Road, Clagiraba
- Ron Penhaligon Way and Beauty Point Drive, Robina
Take extra care when driving at the following Gold Coast intersections
As professional Gold Coast tow truck operators, Tows2Go can help you if you get involved in an accident but we can also be there for you in better circumstances.
From Trade Towing, Caravan Towing, and Interstate Towing, to just getting you and your vehicle home safely after a big night out, you can count on the team at Tows2Go. Give us a call any time 24/7 for a free quote or for assistance anywhere on the Gold Coast.